Jojo, unconditional love...

I never knew I could love an animal as I love my cat.  Over the years I have had many pets, dogs, cats, birds and i even once had a chameleon as a pet.  But never in all these years have I loved an animal as much as I love Jojo.   As I have mentioned in a previous post "Curious about Jojo", I acquired Jojo under very special circumstances.  It was as if though Jojo was made especially for me. 

Jojo is a Devon Rexx and has some very distinctive features.  As with all Devon Rexx's, he has no fur on his belly.  His head seems rather small and his ears a bit too large.  His eyes seem to protrude from his head and the shape of his mouth and nose ends abruptly giving him a rather alien look.  His neck has very fine short fur and the pink of his skin is visible.  The rest of his body is covered in white fur with chocolate coloured markings that resemble those on a jersey cow.  A chocolate patch runs across one eye and it seems as though he wears a mask.  While he has whiskers, they are not well developed as in  other breeds of cat, and they are both sparse and short.  

He is extremely curious.  He likes to play with a ball, flicking it away with his paw and then chasing after it in a burst of energy.  He climbs up anything he can get his claws into and tends to shred the furniture to sharpen them.  At times, he races down the passage and catapults himself across the couch and then wraps himself around my ankles in an attempt to bring me down.

What makes him special though is what he does when he wants to be loved.  He jumps on my lap, stretches his body flat against mine and proceeds to rub his face in mine.  If I ignore him or he feels as if he is not getting enough attention, he then licks my face very much like a dog until I relent and rub my face against his and smother him with kisses.  He curls up so tight against me and on cold nights he climbs under the blankets snuggling up to my cold feet.  In the mornings, when he believes that I have had enough sleep, he creeps up to my face and proceeds to wake me with his sand paper tongue until I get out of bed.  This he does, I suspect, so that he can curl up and sleep on my lap while I drink my first cup of coffee.

Does this mean he is the master and I the slave, I do not know, but what I do know is that we love each other unconditionally :-) 

Comments

  1. He has you so whipped!! but its also so sweet to have a "no questions asked" love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Random, no doubt who the master is in this relationship, but what difference does it make anyway? Just enjoy every minute :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose