The void....

A yearning fills my heart and is drawn towards that which only it seems to know will complete it. There is a void in my soul that fuels the yearning. Thoughts wishing away the void never seem to materialize.  Emotions that flutter through my body never catch a hold.

I seem to be caught.  I cannot recognize the world around me and reality has become my illusion.  What was once clear and bright has receded into the mist and things that should be familiar cannot be recognized.  I wonder through the mists seeking out a signpost back to the familiarity of what is known but it seems to elude me.

Moments stretch to minutes and further to hours and I cannot distinguish the days.  Time has become elastic and unremembered.  Events have taken on a life of there own and rush by me unseen.  The immediate past has fused with the present and in it the yearning void.

Eyes glazed, I walk through the world. Voices that call and are never heard.  Endlessly seeking the end of the void.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose