For Mothers day...

At the birth of my consciousness, I felt the love you had for me while lying in my world of water, the sound of your heart beat a source of comfort and security.  At the shattering of my world, the moment I was forced to leave the comfort you provided, and I forced to enter the world and draw my first breath, you were there to hold me close to you so that the heartbeat, that had become a source of comfort for me, could be heard.

When I sat for the first time struggling to hold my balance your smile encouraging me on, giving me the confidence to do it again.  When I crawled for the first time, you guided me away from danger showing me the way to safety.  When I took my first step, eager to rise to my full potential, you gently took my hand and supported my efforts. When darkness threatened and I crawled into your bed you held me tight so I could get a good nights sleep.  When infections got the better of me you sat up all night sponging me down and comforting me.  When I grazed my knee, you lovingly washed and dressed it so it would not hurt anymore.

When I said my first word you encouraged me on with more words so I could learn the skills of talking.  When I read my first book you lovingly pointed out the words and patiently waited for me to repeat them. When I went to school for the first time you waited in the corridor keeping an eye out to make sure I was fine. 

When I fell in love for the first time you were there to guide the way. And when my heart was broken, you took me in your arms and let me know everything would be alright.  When I married you took in my partner as your own. And when my kids were born you loved them as you loved me, holding them and playing with them.  And when it all came tumbling down, you were there to console me and help me through.

Unconditionally you accepted who I am, you wished and prayed for my happiness and success in the deepest hours of the night, and not once did you ever judge me or put me down.

No amount of gratitude that I can have for the Almighty can match the mercy that He has bestowed on me.  My Mother :-)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose