The first stroke of the brush...

Sitting at my desk, sipping a cup of coffee.  The sky painted a warm shade of orange as the sun starts its journey announcing the dawn of a new day.  The stark white of my life's canvas staring back at me patiently waiting for the first stroke of my brush.  What colour should I start with? What will be the base colour of my canvas?   I thought about my life thus far and the choices I had made that got me to this point.

There were many moments like these when I had looked at my life and considered the choices and I had made.  I often contemplated what it would have been like, if I had made different choices?  Would the outcomes have been different?  Would my life have taken a different turn?  These questions remained unanswered and took a toll on my self confidence and my ability to remain positive and hopeful.

Not quite the thing I should be thinking of, with brush poised in hand ready to make the first stroke on my life's canvas.  It dawned on me, had I had the opportunity to relive those moments, I would make the exact same choices and I would be exactly where I am right now.  You see at the time of making these choices, my state of mind and the information I had available to me, would have me make the same choices over again because, at the time,  I believed them to be the right choices.

I mix the colour making sure it's the right consistency for the brush.  You see in order for me to reach this point where I stand before a blank canvas waiting for the first stroke of my brush, I had to make the choices I made.  They allowed me to free myself from the shackles, burden and fears that I had until this point.

I dip my brush into the paint and take the first stroke, deep blue.  The base on which I will paint my masterpiece of life.  The colour of LOVE :-)

Comments

  1. It takes a strong heart and mind to remain positive and to carry on where most would concede defeat. I think of the words of a song... "pick yourself up and try again"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose