Words

I have been staring at the blank page for some time now, unsure of what to pen.  Thoughts and emotions fight for the right to be expressed but I cannot seem to find the right words. 

Words, at times like this, seem so inadequate, to express what needs to be said.  Knowing that they will be interpreted by others based on their own experiences, makes it more difficult.  How do I convey, in words, those things that have touched my heart, brought a tear to my eye, instilled a sense of gratitude or brought a sense of joy so great it lit up my entire world?  How do I assemble the words so that they  resonate with you, so that you too may be touched as I was touched?

Are songs the ultimate proof that words alone are inadequate?  That we have to enhance and reinforce the words with music to convey its full spectrum of expression? What about video, where words are further fortified by moving pictures?

I don't know.  But what I do know is that right now, right at this moment, these words are resonating with me and they have touched me and my hope is that they are resonating with you and that they have touched you too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose