Bucket List...

It is easy to forget the promises we make to ourselves.  I was contemplating my future and what I would like to do and I realised that that which I had originally set out to do I had forgotten in light of work and other commitments.  So I have decided to pen a few things that I would like to do, my bucket list if you want.

First I would like to visit India all over again, this time as a tourist to experience the country and its people and most of all to visit the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort in new Delhi.  This to pay homage to two of, in my opinion, greatest of Moghal emperors.  Shah Jehan, who left us the Taj as a testament of his love, and Akbar the great, who achieved what few leaders have, a common understanding on religious grounds, thus uniting a nation.

Then off to the Far East, Tokyo and Malaysia, to experience Japanese culture and their dedication to the search for perfection.  The vibrant colours and people of the Malaysia, where the fusion of cultures Chinese, Indian and Malayans have created something unique.  To fish the oceans from the cold Atlantic sea board in Southern Africa to the tropics in the Indian and Pacific oceans.  To take a liner bound for a far off destination and soak up the sun.

To see the ancient cultures of South America, the Incas and the Mayans,  Machu Picchu the temples and pyramids of the Incas.  To experience the vastness of the Amazon Jungle and not to mention Brazil and that most famous of cities Rio.

To make a pilgramage to the holy cities of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem.  To walk in the footsteps of the prophets and holy men.  To experience the serenity and peace of holy shrines, mosques, churches and temples. All serving the same purpose to reach out to the Almighty.
   
But most of all to experience the food, the flavours, the essence and expression of culture.  I love good food and especially authentic food and when visiting a foreign country I go out of my way to find a good restaurant that deals in traditional cuisine and that the locals frequent, the busier the better.  At least I can be assured of a reasonably good, if not authentic, meal.  I have so far to be disappointed.

My soul has been revived and restored and I have a new purpose.  My bucket list is struck.  Time to plan the journey ;-) 

Comments

  1. Well, in Saudi you'll be eating mostly Pakistani foods.. lol, and not the best of it either. But the tea is good

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog and your dreams are awesome. i hope that you will blog about all these journeys as places come alive when you write about them. For those of us who are budgetly challenged, i hope you also take plenty of photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose