On Aging....

It seems to me as time has gone by so quickly, and while my body feels a bit creaky, in spirit, I feel like the young man of twenty that I once was.

Probably the best indicator, that I am getting older, is when I attempt to engage with the younger generation, when at times I am left completely clueless, but, at times in awe at there ideas which have not yet been tempered by experience.  And it is this attitude that the youth have to life, that encourages me, and makes me realize that anything is possible.  I suppose this is what you could term being young at heart.

Make no mistake, I take joy in getting older and I believe that growing old gracefully is the key to living a fulfilling life.  The gray hair that seems to be increasing as time passes is of no concern to me.  I must admit though, that I have on occasion coloured my hair, but rather subtly to give a more "salt and pepper" look rather than the stark contrast of the almost white against black follicles.  I suppose that vanity knows no age limit.

I have noticed though, that some things have crept up on me, like an intolerance for junk food, not all but definitely there, cannot seem to sleep well in another bed, I can see the challenges this will hold in the future, falling asleep in front of the TV on a Saturday afternoon, something my grandfather did and I vowed I would never do, and a few other things which can only be termed "quirky".

In spite of all this, I have no intention of getting the sports car and a lass to prove my youthfulness or attempt to prove my youthfulness.  In fact, come to think of it, I am quite prepared to do without the car..... ;-)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose