My best shot....

Its 6am, and I slide open the door to the balcony.  The sound of seagulls screeching announcing their presence assaults my ears.  The sky is dark and as the sun slowly makes its way over the horizon, the world is painted a warm golden orange hue.  Kelp, with its feet, firmly planted on the sea bed, bob up and down on the surface encouraging the swell on its way to shore, as it rears up and breaks as white crested waves on the rocky shoreline.  A crisp fresh breeze blows the salty ocean air into the room and permeates the senses of taste and smell.  A ship, anchored close to shore,  strains against its mooring as unseen currents, slowly turn the vessel in the direction of its flow.

The memory, buried deep in my subconscious,  of a time when I too was submerged in the essence of the ocean, before being born, fuels the fascination and calmness I feel whenever I am in the proximity of the ocean.  It has been a while since I have been here, and so much has changed and so much has remained the same.

Sharing a dinner with people I have not seen for years, reignites the flames of friendship and establishes a closeness that I once thought was lost.  Sharing lunch with people that I have met for the first time and experiencing their generosity has restored my faith.

I contemplate my life thus far, it has been quite a journey.  My life has taken a new turn and is proceeding along a new trajectory, I have been given a second chance to start all over again.  Whether or not I will be more successful or not, is unknown.  But I do know that the universe is benevolent and generous and with the help of the Almighty, I'll give it my best shot.
 

Comments

  1. I really think you missed your vocation in life, re-evaluate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with your second chance....my 5c of advice?? keep that friedship flame alive, dont let it die. We are so busy rushing through life, meeting deadlines that we forget to stop every once in a while and appreciate ou friends and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose