The Dating Game

Being alone again after almost thirty years, it is daunting to think that I need to start dating again.  The problem really is, that while I am comfortable being in a relationship, the process of getting to the point where I can say I am in a relationship, eludes me.   I try to picture how it was when I was much younger, very much younger, when every young single person of the opposite sex was fair game, but, the only thing that comes to mind are the very pleasant memories of being in a relationship.  So for all intents and purposes I have no frame of reference.

When talking to others around me, and trying to glean how does one approach the issue of dating, what I get is "you have to be confident in yourself", "you have to be in touch with your feelings" and a whole lot of other advice along similar lines .  Much of it to vague to be of any use.

Somehow I get the impression that the dating game has not evolved much, and is much akin to the mating ritual of birds.  The only difference is that the plumage in humans seem to be with the fairer sex.  The ability to talk and say the right things has become the new male "plumage".  Unlike the plumage of birds, which is  its genetic footprint, the male "plumage" in humans is learned.

So considering this, I have decided to engage in the dating game in my own peculiar way.  Out with the fancy opening lines.  Out with the colourful truth. Out with the funny stories.  Just me as I am, my genetic footprint.

Has it worked? Not yet but I live in hope!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose