Curious about Jojo.....

My cat is lying on my lap fast asleep. The sound of his purring is soothing and I cannot resist stroking his body and looking at the expression of love and contentment on his face.  It is a miracle that I have him in my life.  I remember very clearly that day in January, when I called the cattery and asked if they had a cat available.

It was a time when I was in healing and I decided that maybe a pet would assist me in my healing and besides I am a great lover, of cats.  The process of acquiring a Devon Rex is quite complex.  Having bought one a few years back I remembered the process.

First the prospective owners are interviewed by the owners of the cattery.  The purpose is to determine if you are suitable to own this very special breed of cat.  Once you have been deemed worthy of possessing one of these beauties, it is time to see the potential little pet.  Now most people think that it is merely looking at the kitten and then selecting one of a suitable color and gender.  This is far from the truth, it is in fact, the little kitten that selects his owner.  Then comes the period of visiting, where the potential owners meet the kitten and establish a bond over a number of weekends until the kitten has been weaned.

Expecting to go through the same ritual for my new acquisition, I was surprised when the owner told me that I could pick the cat up immediately.  On the way to the cattery, I was listening to the radio and an old Beatles song "Get Back" was blaring and I had a name, Jojo.  Arriving at the cattery I was presented with a kitten who had been born in October.  The owner explained that the kitten refused to select an owner, and was now the last cat that was available before the cattery shut its doors.  He explained that when I called him he realized that he had found the right person for the kitten.  As I sat and waited for the papers, Jojo crept on to my lap and promptly fell asleep.  The owner was ecstatic that he had recognized the correct match for Jojo.

Little did I know the part that Jojo would play in my life.  I did not even suspect it nor did I even contemplate it, but play it he did.

And for those of you who are curious, all I can say is "curiosity killed the cat" :-)

(For those who are following "there is an Apple in my soup ;-) )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose