Resolutions....


Happy New Year and may your days be filled with love, peace, happiness and prosperity!  I know its a tad late, however I did resolve to get this blog written on New Years day however I just could not get around to it. 

This year I have taken a new spin on the resolution issue and have a list, approximately five A4 pages in length (double sided) of new years resolutions.  This will increase the probability of achieving at least one of my resolutions.  Like the guy who bets on every number at the roulette table, he has got to win something, even if his net position remains the same, well almost.

In the past I would pen at least ten resolutions believing that the small number of resolutions would be easily obtainable, but you guessed it by the time I reached the end of the first week of the new year, or even sooner, the list would be filed in some prime estate in file thirteen.

In an attempt to find the reason for this failure to achieve these few simple resolutions, I began ploughing through a plethora of information available on new years resolutions and, yes wait for it, even tried the Cosmo to gain some insight.  Needless to say the only insight I got from Cosmo was how a women should take responsibility for her own sexuality and pleasure in the bedroom! Interesting but nowhere near what I was looking for.

I tried Oprah's magazine and decided to consult the indomitable Dr. Phil.  But all I got was ten ways to change my life and the things I needed to do to clear things up and live a fuller life.  So while trying to find out more about why I was failing at keeping resolutions, I found that maybe my list should be increased to include all the new information on what I should be doing. 

Finally I found something that eluded to how I would be disappointing myself by not keeping my resolutions and that these resolutions are promises that I make to myself! This sounded like too much of a guilt trip to me and this got me thinking.  Maybe I should change my whole approach and resolve to do things I would never do in a million years so that I do not feel bad about not doing them.  For a couple of years "drive car to the bottom of the Zoo Lake" topped my list of new years resolutions.

This year, after thinking about it and contemplating my nature as a human being, I decided that what I needed to do was to achieve at least one thing on my list.  And if I did, this would give me hope that if I could achieve at least one thing then maybe a few more would be quite possible.  But how?  Considering that my list was ten long left very little space to maneuver.  Then it hit me!  Why not create a monstrous list, a list so vast, that it would be nigh impossible not to achieve at least one thing and hence my five A4 pages (double sided if you please).

How am I doing?  I don't know, it seems that my list has been relocated to some prime real estate in file thiteen again ;-)

Comments

  1. How awesome. I love the way you make me laugh. I wish you had written my history text books. Bet I would have remembered everything for the essays. You have a very very very wonderful gift

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose