Fear...

It occurred to me as I was looking at myself in the mirror, attempting to remove the facial hair that had started establishing its presence during the night, that while we grow older and our hair changes from black to grey, that hopefully we become wiser and more mature so that we are able to deal with life and life's challenges appropriately and live a more fulfilling happy life.

I have, in the past few months, met a number  of people.  Some have had a zest for life while others have a rather sceptical view of life.  Others have resigned themselves to the fact that they will never be happy and that happiness is meant for someone else. While others swim along being carried by the tide in total subjection of the situation.  Yet other are motivated and driven to achieve there hearts desires at any cost. And a few, very few, are content and live in the moment experiencing it to its fullest.

I thought about the varying ways in which we experience life and I realised that if there is one human emotion that shapes life and the way life is lived, it is fear.  Fear has driven man to war, led to the persecution of nations and fuelled almost every human catastrophe through the ages.  But even more profound is the effect it has on ordinary people as it takes hold of their lives and their actions.

Fear becomes so overwhelming that finally everything that we do is defined by our fear and eventually, in the fullness of time, our fear is realised and becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.  And unbeknownst to us, our very action that we have taken as a result of our fear, becomes our undoing.  Actions that originate out of fear, fuel fear and in so doing creates the energy and the reality so that the fear can be realised.

to break the cycle we have to recognise our fears and uncover them and examine the decisions that we make and the actions that we take and honestly answer the question, am I doing this because of my fears.  When we can step away from our fear and act independently of our fear than we can respond to the situation appropriately.

This is easier said than done.   I have found that the most difficult thing to do is to accept the truth about myself and herein lies the problem, so for now I am working on accepting the truth about me :-)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose