The most spectacular event...

The excitement is building.  We are on the brink of hosting the most spectacular event in the sporting calendar, the 2010 FIFA World Cup.  As the hours tick by bringing us closer to I contemplate my life thus far.

If a couple of months ago someone had told me that my life would undergo a change that is comparable to staging a World Cup, I would not have believed them.  2010 thus has significant meaning for me other than just witnessing the FIFA World Cup.  It is the year of unprecedented growth for me and through it all I am discovering the real me.

It is indeed true that we only grow when we face a life changing challenge.  But it all starts when we ask the question, "is this what it is all about?", and we feel a certain amount of emptiness and lack of contentment.  What then follows usually, is some event which pushes us over the edge and we then have a choice, take a view of the world tainted by our perception, or face the reality of the situation.  I chose reality.

Lifting the veil of perception and seeing who I really am was a shock to the system.  For the first time I had to accept myself for who I am.  The complete package the good, the bad and everything else.  The time had come to face my own demons head on and, no matter how painful, deal with them.  It is like a voyage of discovery treacherous, yet rewarding.  The biggest reward being the ability to be comfortable with myself, in silence, and finding fulfillment in my own company.  For finding fulfillment in the self means that you do not rely on others to fulfill you.
 
The warmth of my canvas shines through, a bit of white for the spaces that we all need in order to contemplate.  I dip my brush and here and there add fine strokes of white.  For even though we need space, it should not be such that it clouds the love and warmth of our souls.      

For me 2010 will be the most memorable year of my life, and how fortunate and privilege I feel that the universe decided to celebrate it on my behalf by having my home country host the 2010 FIFA World Cup :-)    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose