The Journey...

As I walk-exploring the new landscape I find myself in-easel, canvas, brushes and paints under my arm, I can see in the near distance a fork in my path.  On the left, the colour texture and surface looks familiar and promises to offer me an experience that is new yet familiar.  The fork on the right looks completely different and the changes in colour and texture.  It changes and transforms to that which is unknown and promises a completely new experience.

The familiar path stretches forth to the horizon, the unfamiliar one rises sharply, and secretly conceals itself from my view.  I reach the fork, set down my easel and dip my brush into the paint.  Red for the risks I need to take and I apply it to my canvas.   I contemplate my masterpiece, while waiting for the paint to dry.

Blue for love and the peace and tranquility it brings to my being, orange for the warmth that is generated from the core of my being, white for the spaces between that are essential to life and red for the risks that need taking to enrich my being.  Taking up my paraphernalia, I turn to the right and step down the road totally unfamiliar to me.

What awaits me along this road, I wonder?  Will there be someone to light the way?  Will my canvas be coloured by another brush? Will my path be parallel too or will it intersect another?  A mystery waiting to unfold.  I step forth eagerly ready to face up to the challenge.  Soon I will reach the top and I wonder what the path will reveal. 

I look back and see the familiar paths of my offspring as they reach out towards me turning with me.  Where they were once parallel to mine and I see them turn, and the hope, that they will merge with mine seems to be a reality.  A new path has appeared and I know not what direction it will take.  I turn, my heart filled with love, joy and happiness at the endless possibilities that lie before me,  and head held high and chest out I step forth on the journey of life :-)

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose