My gripes with satellite tv...

I have invested in an HD PVR in order to enjoy the great detail offered by HD TV and I am not disappointed.  The three, or should I say four channels offered on HD provide better picture quality and sound.  I do have two gripes however.  Both with the live broadcasts of the matches on the HD channel. 

The first one is the sound on the live broadcasts.  I have the HD pvr connected to my surround sound system and in order to hear the commentary and enjoy the sounds of the stadium I have to turn up the volume significantly.  Obviously the sound levels on the commercials seem to be much higher, and I have almost blown my eardrums when they switch over to a commercial.  This is a cause for extreme frustration.  I assume that the service providers have invested a significant amount of money in broadcasting equipment and I cannot believe that they cannot adjust the sound levels that they match those of the commercials.

Now the next one is more serious.  The time and scoreboard graphic on the screen is completely wrong.  Firstly the graphic takes up a significant amount of real estate on the screen.  Second the placement of the graphic is such that is completely obscures the players face on a closeup shot.  Now this is poor TV.  The positioning of the channel logo in the top right hand corner is barely noticeable and that is how the graphic for the scoreboard and time should be.  It is very disconcerting when your eye keeps falling on the graphic because you get the impression it is moving around.  The graphic is beautiful and very professionally done however the placement leaves a lot to be desired.

Now while this may seem like a trivial issue I assure you it is not.  The satellite TV company services are not gratis and I have to pay good money for the entertainment provided.  I expect for the money I pay a certain level of professionalism and that all angles are considered before making a decision on the placement of graphics on the screen.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose