Reflection..

I have not been writing as regularly as I would have liked to.  I could say that I have a new role in the organisation and that has been taking up my time, or I could say that my hectic social life is consuming my time.  It would be easy enough to assign the blame to one of these factors, but then I would not be accepting responsibility.  The fact of the matter is that I did not make the time or even set aside some time to write.  Now that I have accepted responsibility I can work on it.

The year thus far has been extraordinary.  I have been through a divorce and moving house.  Stopped being a slave to the weed, which was my crutch for a long time, witnessed a World Cup,  one of the few who managed to see the third and forth play off  and the final. I have made new friends and new acquaintances.  I have seen my son grow and heard the affection in his voice when he calls "Daddy Mo".  I have expressed my love to the people I care about and they have responded in kind and our relationship has strengthened.  I have rekindled the friendships that were started in my youth.

I started along a new journey and began painting a new picture.  Others have joined me and added  colours and shades from their own brushes to my canvas.  Adding richness, warmth and love and transforming a rather ordinary picture  into something extraordinary.

The sun has risen on my horizon and is filing my life with light.  It lights my life with love and caring and and I am humbled by it all.  And through this love and caring, I have risen like a phoenix reborn from the fire of its death, I am alive.  It nurtures my very soul and gently very gently heals the scars of the past.  I turn my face to the heavens and bow down in admiration, to Him who holds my life in His hands, and declare my gratitude for giving me this wonderful opportunity and for allowing the sun into my life.

May your experiences lead you to the state of gratitude I find myself in and more :-) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose