Journey of Truth

A thumb pressed into my muscle as the masseuse worked the knots of stress out of it and just as the knots in my flesh were undone, the knots in my mind was undone and my thoughts drifted.  Drifted to that place where the inner being stands naked.  A place where the veil of perception is removed and all is laid bare.  A place where no blame can be placed, a place where we have to face the truth about ourselves.

It is a journey I feared.  It was a fear of what I may find, fear that what I found I may not like, but more than that I feared that it was one where I could lay no blame and had to accept whatever I saw.  And laying on that table, some 4000 miles away from any familiar surroundings, as the masseuse worked his hands across my back relieving the stresses and strains of everyday life, that I decided the time was right to take the journey.

At first I saw the scares, not twisted and distorted as one may think but rounded and beautiful in patterns upon the surface.  The scares of those difficult times all imprinted on my being, coloured in a myriad of bright colours were the joys that those very same scares had brought.  And through it all woven in a golden fabric throughout were the values that I aspired to, brighter than all the colours tying them all together in a cacophony of colour and light that would never be witnessed by any eye.  Here and there the scares had ceased to be and left behind only the colours which were fading into the gold.  And beneath it all the light of consciousness, the soul.  Light upon light everlasting.  Its garb the aspiring  values patterned with history of lessons learnt, joys and sadness,  of life lived.  

It dawned on me then that we do take something when we leave this earth and continue our journey to the end we are all destined too.  However it is nothing material and nothing tangible, it is but the garb we have decided to clothe our soul in.  The one that we will face our Lord in on that day of which there is no doubt. And it shall reveal all for the entire creation to see.

"My Lord, keep me on the path that will clothe my soul in colours so bright, that on that day, of which there is no doubt, I can stand before Thee knowing that I have not lived a life in vain" Amen ;-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose