Airports

Now if there is one secret you need to know about Indians, or as we so often fondly refer to ourselves charos, is that we love airports.  Don't believe it, next time you at an airport, take a look around and you will see what I mean.

In India, if you do not have a ticket, you are not allowed into the airport. Security they claim, but I know better.  If they allowed people into the airport freely, people would spend days in the airport lobby basking in thought of international travel.  Filling up the eating places and leaving no room for those passengers who are waiting to check in or waiting to catch their connecting flights.  I strongly suspect that this is the same reason they locate airports far from residential areas.

I have thought long and hard about this tendency to gravitate towards the airport, have spent hours nay days meditating on this trying to figure out what is it that draws me to airports.  I must admit that even now the reason eludes me.

I suppose it must have something to do with my genes, some cruel joke mother nature has played on me. I cannot get the picture out of my mind of some lab technician one day examining my DNA and proclaiming "AHA, the airport gene", sends shivers down my spine.  But if this is true then how does this explain other charos?  Do we all carry the "AIRPORT GENE"? If this is true the implications are that the entire charo race originated from a single couple thus passing on this defective gene throughout its descendants. STAGGERING.

So if not by genetics, then what? A psychological flaw that manifests itself through the relentless adoption of tradition that is the foundation of all charos around the world. There is only one flaw in this argument, although if true, would explain it. None of the charo traditions have anything to do with flight nor do they in anyway relate to a large building where travellers, who wish to fly in body or soul, gather to bid farewell to entire hoards of family members, so no I do not think tradition has anything to do with it.

As Sherlock Holmes once said, "whatever is left, no matter how impossible or improbable must be the truth!" or something close enough. A fact that I cannot deny, no matter how impossible it may sound, or how improbable it is.

CHAROS LOVE AIRPORTS! ;-)    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise...

A Friend Indeed - The Second Leg

The Rose